Apple today seeded the release candidate version of iOS 16.5 to developers and public beta testers. This represents the final beta of iOS 16.5
iOS 16.5 adds a Sports tab in the Apple News app, making it easier to access sports-focused content. You can choose to follow your favorite teams to get updates on a regular basis. The update also includes a new Siri option for starting a screen recording with a voice command, and multi-viewing options for sports content.
New to the release candidate is a new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture. Download the wallpaper here.
Apple’s full release notes for the update.
- – A new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture
- – Sports tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
- – My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games
- – Fixes an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
- – Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content
- – Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
Apple says that iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 will be released next week.